Saturday, August 30, 2008

Introduction

Hello, my name is Walt "BMeph" Rorie-Baety, and this is my blog, "Effing the Ineffable." I called it so, because I've often run into folks who do really destructive things, and refuse to stop. When I asked why not stop, I'd usually get some answer like, "that's the way it's always been," or "I'll stop when I want to, but I don't want to yet" - or my favorite, "'There are Things that Man was Not Meant to Know'". So, some time later, I was introduced to the word, "ineffable," which is just a fancy way to talk about something that you can't talk about. Well, to be precise: "ineffable, adj. 1 a: incapable of being expressed in words : indescribable <ineffable joy> b: unspeakable <ineffable disgust>". So, I always wondered, is it really inexpressible, or is it just not expressible by you?

This is the result, my attempt to find things the others have found "ineffable," and well..."eff" the lights out of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment